Monday, June 23, 2008

In Case You Were Curious

I saw this, here, and wanted to play along. I also guessed on the plant picture, but am afraid I may be wrong...


What was I doing ten years ago?
Graduating from high school, getting ready to take on the world (or at least, North Carolina).


What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today?
1. Make a list of clothes to bring to the beach (vacation next week in the Outer Banks!)
2. Make a list of ingredients to bring to the beach (Old Bay, lemons, parsley, capers and anything else I can rub all over the daily catch).
3. Read, The Omnivore’s Dilemma
4. Call Valerie
5. Make a wicked taco salad for dinner





Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Hummus and olives
2. Popcorn with Old Bay
3. Pickles Vegetables
4. Cheetos
5. Peanut Butter. On anything.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy as many cookbooks, major kitchen appliances, fresh ingredients and wine as I could, make good use of them and invite my friends and family over for Thanksgiving dinner. Every Year.
2. Buy season tickets for the Mets (for my husband)
3. Buy my parents their own beach house in Cape Hatteras…and if they were really nice, a new boat.
4. Travel Europe, Africa and South America with my husband…and when we were done, stop by Hawaii to relive our honeymoon.
5. Go to culinary school

Places I've lived:
1. Wilmington, DE
2. Newark, DE
3. Elon, NC
4. Falls Church, VA
5. Washington, DC

Jobs I've had:
1. Stock girl at a bird food store
2. Salesperson at Victoria’s Secret (this lasted approximately one week)
3. Waitress at an Irish Pub
4. Director of Marketing at a Commercial Real Estate Firm
5. Devoted Wife


anyone else want to play?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing along. I love your list of ingredients for your beach trip. I look forward to reading about the daily catches and what you did with them! Cheers to you and the Mr. and everyone vacationing with you. Have a blast!

p.s. It'd be cool if you'd expand the options for commenter-sign-in to include simply listing a name and URL. It's a hastle for me to use my foodrockz gmail account . . . requires me to sign out of my normally-used account and sign in with my foodrockz account before posting any comments on blogs that require Google/Blogger usernames.